Thursday, April 4, 2013

And Here We Go Again!



Most of you know by now that I have a pretty bad case of wanderlust. After two years in Ethiopia, I was hooked. After Africa, my husband and I moved to Chicago, then the United Arab Emirates, North Carolina, and finally New Jersey. Although our time in New Jersey has not been easy, we have both been blessed to have great jobs here. Unfortunately, great jobs can’t keep us here. After surviving hurricanes, blizzards, earthquakes, a tragic miscarriage, a head concussion, two house fires, two car accidents, a burglary, and a short sale on our first house, we are ready to move on. I know that a location can not create a series of unfortunate events, but it can offer a new beginning. Because of that hope for a fresh start (and many other reasons), we are excited to announce that we are moving to Ecuador, just outside the capital city of Quito.
Rob was offered a position teaching theatre to high school students at a beautiful school in a quaint South American suburban town. This is not only giving us an opportunity to spend more time together as a family, it is giving me the chance to try my hand at being a stay at home mom. As a doctoral student and self-proclaimed career woman, the thought of becoming a full-time cook, maid, teacher, nurse, coach, referee, etc. etc. etc. is …. a little daunting, but beyond exciting! As all mothers know, the time we spend with our babies is so precious. I prayed for a chance to spend more time with my adorably precocious preschooler and soon-to-be-born daughter. This was the answer to my prayers. Our daughter is coming in July, and Rob will be on a plane shortly after that. The plan is for the kids and I to join him in early October. This blog will serve as a way for our friends and family to keep up with our lives as we prepare to move, and then as we settle in to our new normal at the center of the earth.

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Ditto. That's why I married you. :) Thanks for giving me this opportunity.

      Delete
  2. When your first book came out, didn't I tell you that the next one needed to be a "with toddlers" version?! If I didn't, I sure thought it! I'm thrilled for you guys, and can't wait to keep up with your adventures and the growth of your family. Love and blessings!!

    ReplyDelete